Dublin gas works provide power flush services in Dublin and nearby areas. We have some of the best engineers and technicians in Dublin and use top-of-the-notch equipment for the process.
Our power flushing service is a comprehensive cleaning procedure that can effectively remove the build-up of sludge and debris from your central heating system. This service is available to all Dubliners and is performed by our experienced and RGI-registered technicians. With our power flushing service, you can improve the efficiency of your heating system, reduce your energy bills and extend the lifespan of your boiler. Contact us today to schedule a power flushing appointment and experience the benefits of a clean and efficient heating system.
Get a free quote
Yes, power flushing can help to improve the efficiency of a heating system by removing blockages and allowing the system to circulate water more effectively. This can result in lower energy bills and a more comfortable home.
Over time, sludge and other debris can build up in a central heating system, causing blockages and reducing the efficiency of the system. Power flushing helps to restore the system to optimal performance.
No, power flushing is a safe and effective method of cleaning a heating system. However, it should only be performed by a qualified and experienced professional.
Some signs that your system may need power flushing include cold spots on radiators, slow heating, and strange noises coming from the boiler or pipes.
- Increase central heating system life span.
- Improve the performance of your radiators.
- Protect the heating system against limescale and corrosion.
- Improve the performance of your boiler as it is not been overworked trying to heat radiators to a temperature that they cannot achieve.
- Reduce Monthly Heating Bills.
To carry out a thorough system chemical cleaning our plumber will power-flush the system with a mechanized pump using a combination of mains water and a specialized cleanser. It normally takes 4 to 6 hours.
- A power flushing machine is connected to the heating system, either across the pump couplings, at radiator connections, or wherever makes the most sense on your heating system.
- Power flushing works by pumping water and chemicals at a high velocity through the heating system to loosen and mobilize harmful corrosion deposits, and to suspend them in the moving water. The process is improved using cleansing chemicals.
- A flow reverse device, which creates turbulence in the pipes and radiators, will help “mobilize” and loosen the blockage.
- The dirty water from your heating system is replaced with clean water. During the power flushing process, radiators are systematically flushed by directing the full output of the machine through each radiator, one at a time.
Dublin Gas Works care after a power flush
- Once the flush is complete, we thermal balance all the radiators.
- When we have finished with the power flush, we will input a system inhibitor to your heating system and leak sealer if required.
- We can also fit a magnetic heating system filter. This maintains a clean system by capturing any future iron oxide and magnetic debris in the heating system. It is €230 supplied and fitted.
Is a power flush suitable for all heating systems?
Most heating systems can have a power flush carried out. If you have an old gun barrel heating system with GB or steel pipes, we will run the power flush at a lower speed to reduce the pressure on the steel pipes.
It is a criterion for most new boiler warranties that the boiler is fitted on a clean system. if the other heating system components are very old you might need to consider upgrading your full heating system.
Usually 4-6 hours for a standard house.
The length of time it takes to power flush a system depends on the size of the system and the amount of debris that needs to be removed. A typical power flushing job can take 4-6 hours.
Once the power flushing is complete, the system is refilled with clean water and treated with an inhibitor to prevent the buildup of contaminants in the future.
Unfortunately not in all cases, though in the vast majority of cases, we will significantly improve the performance of the system & radiators. Kinks in pipework and rare solidified blockages of debris in radiators may require further attention. Occasionally removing concentrated lumps of sludge from joints and fittings can expose minor leaks on radiator valves etc. Plumbers on site can advise regarding the same If you wish to make a booking or discuss options or book an appointment contact office on 014298666