Dublin gas works provide power flush services in Dublin and nearby areas. We have some of the best engineers and technicians in Dublin and use top-of-the-notch equipment for the process.
What is power flushing?
A power flush will clean the entire heating system and remove any grime, sludge, or lime buildup that is reducing the overall efficiency of the heating system. Power flush improves the overall performance of the heating system and makes it run more smoothly.
What are the benefits?
- Increase central heating system life span.
- Improve performance of your radiators.
- Protect heating system against limescale and corrosion.
Get a free quote
- Improve the performance of your boiler as it is not been overworked trying to heat radiators to a temperature that they cannot achieve.
- Reduce Monthly Heating Bills.
To carry out a thorough system chemical cleaning our plumber will power-flush the system with a mechanized pump using a combination of mains water and a specialized cleanser. It normally takes 4 to 6 hours.
What happens during the process?
- A power flushing machine is connected into the heating system, either across the pump couplings, at radiator connections, or wherever makes most sense on your heating system.
- Power flushing works by pumping water and chemicals at a high velocity through the heating system to loosen and mobilise harmful corrosion deposits, and to suspend them in the moving water. The process is improved using cleansing chemicals.
- A flow reverse device, which creates turbulence in the pipes and radiators, will help “mobilise” and loosen the blockage.
- The dirty water from your heating system, is replaced with clean water. During the power flushing process, radiators are systematically flushed by directing the full output of the machine through each radiator, one at a time.
- Once the flush is complete, we thermal balance all the radiators.
- When we have finished with the power flush, we will input a system inhibitor to your heating system and leak sealer if required.
- We can also fit a magnetic heating system filter. This maintains a clean system by capturing any future iron-oxide and magnetic debris in the heating system. It is €230 supplied and fitted.
Is a power flush suitable for all heating systems?
Most heating systems can have a power flush carried out. If you have an old gun barrel heating system with GB or steel pipes, we will run the power flush at a lower speed to reduce the pressure on the steel pipes.
It is a criteria for most new boiler warranties that boiler is fitted on a clean system. if the heating system is very old you might need to consider upgrading your boiler.
How long does the process take?
Usually 4-6 hours for a standard house. If you have radiators with cold spots.
The process can take several hours, depending on the size and complexity of the heating system. Once the power flushing is complete, the system is refilled with clean water and treated with an inhibitor to prevent the buildup of contaminants in the future.
Is a power flush guaranteed to get all radiators heating 100%?
Unfortunately not in all cases, though in the vast majority of cases we will significantly improve the performance of the system & radiators. Kinks in pipework and rare solidified blockages of debris in radiators may require further attention. Occasionally removing concentrated lumps of sludge from joints and fittings can expose minor leaks on radiator valves etc. Plumbers on site can advise regarding same If you wish to make a booking or discuss options or book an appointment contact office on 014298666